Friday, 20 May 2011

My Vintage Life

I was minding my own business walking down the high street when I entered my local WH smith. Then a magazine caught my eye, Vintage life. I could not believe my luck as just the other day I was complaining to a fellow vintage loving friend the lack of magazines catering to those who love vintage. The cover shows a naturally beautiful girl made up to look like she had just stepped out of the 1950's. It was like love at first sight! For just £3.70 the magazine was mine which I felt was reasonable since it's the only one of it's kind I have seen. The small size is also ideal as I could easily fit it into my little vintage bag.

Once I got home there was no stopping me! I got to reading the magazine straight away. The magazine stands for everything I as a vintage loving girl stand for. I really feel proud to be part of the revival of vintage and the vintage way of life. The thing I enjoyed most about the magazine is the classiness of it all. Not once was there an article about any kind of celebrity gossip. It offers a ton of hints and tips on vintage fashion and style. What also sealed the deal for me (and this might seem a tad strange to you) was the article about AGA! I am obsessed with AGAs and it will be the first thing I buy when I have my own home. I also really enjoyed the article about  a girl owning an online vintage store as I could really relate to it. I myself sell vintage clothing in stalls and am completely re vamping the whole image of my business.


Not only is the magazines content amazing, it looks amazing! It fit right in with my afternoon cup of tea resting on the antique dining table. I really do recomend running to your local WH smith right now and buying one  as, just like all things vintage, the content and values within the magazine are timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment