Saturday, 23 July 2011

Mad about Mad Men

A while back my sister came to visit from London and we had a great time catching up and talking about how LWV is doing. I always love when my sister comes to visit as she lives in Camden London and often visits the vintage markets down there to tell me what's new and what people are loving right now. We got to talking about a programme called Mad Men. She told me I had to watch the programme as it was set in the early 1960's and had loads of amazing fashion. Now, I had heard of Mad Men before and had taken a look at Christina Hendricks and her amazing wardrobe on the show. So finally I got to watching it!

 Joan Holloway, played by Christina Hendricks, is a very popular character on the show and plays a big role of a succesfull women working in a mans world.  Her character is sexy and always well dressed in beautiful dresses and office attire. She plays up to her perfect hourglass figure with wiggle dresses and pencil skirts. I love the wiggle dress and recently bought a handmade vintage wiggle dress for myself from Vintage Vanity. I love how the dresses hug your figure and make you look amazing!

You can get some fantastic wiggle dresses from Dolly Dagger. They will set you back a bit but they are lovely. There are loads of beautiful dresses and other retro bits on their site.
They have also recently opened shop in brighton! I would love to go and visit and sample all the delights they have to offer.







How do I know if I have an hourglass figure?
  • You have an hourglass figure if your body is like the number 8. You have a large bust, small waist and large hips. For example your chest measurements should be similar to your hip measurements and your waist should be smaller than both.
  • You can FAKE an hourglass figure using corsets and a good bra if you are not blessed in that department.
  • Another trick is to buy a great pencil skirt dress and add a waist belt to give the illusion of hourglass curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment