Monday, 18 July 2011

Viva Vintage!

It seems like the vintage revival is here to stay! Hooray! I am so pleased to see more and more people wearing and loving vintage items as that what Laced With Velvet Vintage is all about. I have seen the high street imitating vintage fashion more and more. I'm also noticing more celebs rocking the vintage trend.
 Sheer tops and blouses are making a big come back especially lace tops.  Here you can see one of LWV's own gorgeous sheer polka dot blouses from the 1980's when patterns were exaggerated and clothes were daring. Even though this is a vintage piece it is very much with the times! Team this with red lipstick, a high waisted black skirt and red heels.
 I love and adore vintage as the pieces have a story to tell and have lasted for ages! They always look classic and I know when I am wearing something vintage no one will have the same thing.
Vintage bags are also a favourite of mine and embroided bags are appearing all over the high street. In the picture you can see one of LWV's  stunning embroided vintage bags. I love this bag as it isn't too big or too small. Vintage bags have a beautiful quality to them so I guess it makes perfect  sense for the high street to imitate the style.
Urban outfitters even sell lovely pieces of vintage jewellery and even asos now have a market section selling vintage! Even my local charity shop has a vintage clothing rail! I couldn't be happier about the vintage revival and hope you are inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment