Sunday, 23 October 2011

Vintage Tea Party:

Last weekend I threw a fabulous vintage tea party for my new friends to enjoy! The table was set with my finest cake stands and eternal beau as well as scrummy cupcakes and petite triangle sandwiches. Vintage jewellery was placed lovingly on the window sill and bags were arranged at the end of a rail which held beautiful vintage clothes. I was also dressed the part dolled up in a pretty yellow 1950's style dress with 50's hair and make up.

I was excited to see the reactions of my friends as they searched through all the vintage items 'oohing' and 'aahing' at the delights. I was on hand making teas and coffees telling everyone to help themselves to the victoria sponge cupcakes I had made especially that morning, using a secret Gilly Treats recipe. I was showered with compliments about them. I really enjoyed discussing the eras of the items and how people must of lived back then.

I would recommend having a go at throwing a vintage tea party whether you sell vintage or not! The atmosphere is great especially when people make the effort.  When throwing mine I was on a  student budget but still managed an elegant and yummy arrangement. If you are throwing one you may want to consider investing in some tea cups. You don't have to spend a fortune on a set, you can make a cute and quirky mismatched tea set by collecting cups and saucers from antique stores or charity shops. You may also want to set the scene with some floral plates and cushions. I also believe anything can be prettied up with a bit of ribbon.

I have serious tea cup envy when it comes to people who have dressers with all sorts of antique tea cups and saucers. Every piece is unique and makes your everyday cup of tea much more exciting. There really is something nostalgic about them. I for one remember my grandma having a special tea set kept in a pretty wooden dresser.

I really hope you have enjoyed my blog and I have inspired you to have your own vintage tea party!

No comments:

Post a Comment