Everyone knows the iconic scene where Audrey Hepburn stops outside Tiffanys eating a delicious pastry and sipping a take out coffee. Take out breakfast has never looked so fabulous! However, in this economy with our busy schedules it's hard to find time to eat out. So I've created my own take out breakfast for ladys and gents on the run which is almost as good as having breakfast at Tiffanys.
Soya Chai Latte:
- 1 cup Soya milk (you can also use semi skimmed or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cardamon pod
- half tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 1 tea bag
- Pour milk and water into a saucepan and heat gently for 1 minute
- Add the teabag, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and cardamon pod
- Boil for 3 minutes using a ladle to add air and froth the latte
- Use a strainer to pour your latte into a travel mug and you're good to go!
Ingredients: (makes 12)
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 100g brown sugar
- 225 grams plain flour
- 45ml cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
- Mash bananas by hand with a potatoe masher. Whilst mashing add the oil, eggs and sugar
- Add the flour, bicarb and cocoa to the mixture and beat gently.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes muffins should be dark and peeking out of their cases.