Friday, 5 October 2012

How to: Create Cute Storage

I have become obsessed with decoupaging using fabric lately. It can turn any dull cardboard box into a cute little storage place. I had a broken old jewellery box which I chucked and replaced with my creation. I also used a spare jar to place earings in and some vintage lace to tie together loose bracelets and rings.
 



 
 
 
You will need:
  • A cardboard box or tray
  • Pieces of fabric or paper
  • A mixture of PVA glue and warm water
  • A jar
  • Ribbon or lace
Method:
  •  Dip strips of fabric or paper in the glue and water mixture until they are wet
  • Cover the box with these strips
  • Leave to dry
  • Place a jar in the tray and fill with what you like
  • Tie together spare bracelets and rings with ribbon or lace, place in box
There you have it! Easy and adorable shabby chic storage!
     
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment